7 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Best Shipping Software in Canada
Choosing the right and best shipping software is really important for your business! Here are 7 questions to ask when choosing a shipping software solution in Canada!
If you are a business owner selling online, you may be wondering how to simplify the shipping process and avoid the 3rd shift trying to get all kinds of packages out the door.
The solution is simple – get a shipping software!
If selling items online is your passion and a professional for a quite some time now, you can accept working a few hours a day and spending your days packing products, copying addresses, helping buyers track their shipments, and so much more. Or, you can do something smarter.
The process we are talking about is called automation, and you can easily get automation by implementing a shipping software.
Choosing the right and best shipping software is really but really important but it is also a challenging process, so make sure not to make rash decisions and pick the first shipping software solution you’ll find.
If you want to always keep in touch with us we are at your service, contact us
In order to help you out, we have decided to create a list of questions you should ask before you choose a shipping software provider. By asking these 7 questions, you will be on your way to finding the best shipping software solution in Canada:
- Do you connect with my ecommerce store? This is the first and one of the most important questions you need to ask. You need to make sure that the shipping software provider you are considering, connects to your current online store or those stores you are considering in the future.
- Do you connect with the shipping carrier I would like to use? This may seem like an obvious question for you to ask, but you will be surprised how many business owners forget to check whether or not the shipping software connects with the shipping carrier they use. Choose a shipping software provider that offers more shipping carriers as you will get an exposure to other carriers or discover some cheaper ways to ship your items.
3. How to ask for a help, if I need it? What about the customer support? Ensuring the shipping software company offers a great customer support is really important. Keep in mind that every shipping software provider varies in this field, so we recommend you to find one that offers help the way it suits you.
4. What label formats or printers do you support? There are two types of printers – a thermal and a standard one and you should ask the shipping software company what printers do they support.
5. If the price is based on the shipping volume – what happens if you exceed the shipping volume? You are a business owner and your goal is to grow your business and make money. It is important to know exactly what will happen to your shipping costs (monthly fees) if you ship 25 packages things month, 75 packages the next month, and 50 packages the following month. You need to choose a shipping provider that automatically adjusted the shipment volume.
6. Are you locally installed on the computer or are you web-based? It is way better of the shipping software company is installed locally as that helps with things such as how quickly you can print the shipping labels or the security of the private information.
7. Is there a monthly or an annual contract? Signing up a contract is recommended as it will keep you safe and protected. Every shipping company has different terms and conditions, so make sure to ask for the contract and see if the contract suits your needs.